Next stop for leaders
DOCTOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA)
The Doctor of Business Administration is a professional doctorate awarded on the basis of advanced study, examinations, project work, and research in business administration.
Along with the academíc Ph.D., it represents the highest professional qualification in business administration and besides business and entrepreneurship is also useful to gain employment as a full-time, tenure-track university professor or postdoctoral researcher in the field.
DBA candidates submit a project proposal for a dissertation, consisting of a body of original academic research that is in principle worthy of publication in a peer-reviewed journal. To finish the studies, the candidates must defend this work before a panel of expert examiners.
Course of Study
A candidate for the degree of DBA must have pursued at the EIASM an online or part-time course of study comprising a taught component and a dissertation thesis. Completion of the DBA program takes three years of study in average (while it is possible to complete it earlier as the pace can be adjusted individually). This period can be extended up to 5 years in total.
The taught component requires the completion of 180 credits, completed during the whole course. We require the satisfactory completion of the following courses of either the academics or professional career focused DBA program.
- Completion of a Master or MBA degree
- Your CV showing five years of work experience
- Personall affidavit or evidence of spoken and written English language: IELTS 6 / TOEFL 75 or evidence of having worked/studied in an English-speaking environment for 2 years
- Application processing fee of €50
- Scanned copy of your passport/national ID (with your date of birth, photo and name readable in latin script)
- Scanned copies of your academic diplomas/certificates/transcripts