Next stop for leaders
DOCTOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA)
The Doctor of Business Administration is a professional doctorate awarded on the basis of advanced study, examinations, project work, and research in business administration.
Along with the academíc Ph.D., it represents the highest professional qualification in business administration and besides business and entrepreneurship is also useful to gain employment as a full-time, tenure-track university professor or postdoctoral researcher in the field.
DBA candidates submit a project proposal for a dissertation, consisting of a body of original academic research that is in principle worthy of publication in a peer-reviewed journal. To finish the studies, the candidates must defend this work before a panel of expert examiners.
Course of Study
A candidate for the degree of DBA must have pursued at the EIASM an online or part-time course of study comprising a taught component and a dissertation thesis. Completion of the DBA program commonly takes three years of study. This period can be extended up to 5 years in total. DBA program can be finished earlier if the student manages to complete all requirements (complete the courses and write the dissertation). It includes frequent contact with the supervisor.
The Capstone project
Candidates are required to submit a capstone project on an approved topic. The thesis should offer an original application of knowledge in the area of management and should demonstrate the candidate’s ability to integrate rigorous academic analysis with practical real-world relevance and application.
The subject chosen should be viewed in light of future career plans. Students have been offered positions as a direct result of their DBA Capstone project. The Capstone Project can take many forms, including a research based thesis (a dissertation ranging between min. 20,000 to 40,000 words), business plan, case study or report (or indeed a combination of elements of these).
A very popular option amongst students is to work with an organisation on a project that will add value to its business. The output is a substantial report combining the student’s experience and DBA knowledge to provide research, analysis and recommendations. The Student Projects Manager works with students to facilitate engagement.
- Completion of a Master or MBA degree (A minimum grade equivalent of 60%, subject to individual bases)
- Your CV showing five years of work experience
- Personall affidavit or evidence of spoken and written English language: IELTS 6 / TOEFL 75 or evidence of having worked/studied in an English-speaking environment for 2 years
- Application processing fee of €50
- Scanned copy of your passport/national ID (with your date of birth, photo and name readable in latin script)
- Scanned copies of your academic diplomas/certificates/transcripts
- Two-page proposal or research for your degree